Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Commentary US Open 8/26/08 Day 2

by Savannah


I wish I could tell you more about the actual play of Haas and Gasquet but USA switched to coverage on Ashe where Ana Ivanovic, who romped to a 6-1 first set over Vera Dushevina suddenly seemed to go on walkabout and lost the second set to Ms Dushevina 4-6. Someone in the booth said that the top WTA seed had never gone out in the first round at Flushing Meadows. The fact that the statement was made shows the level of play that Ana had sunk to in that second set.
Savannah's World

5 comments:

Karen said...

Savannah, I am glad that I did not see the match. I am not sure about this girl Ana. On the one hand she seems like she wants to rule the WTA, but for most of the time it does not seem as if she has the physical and/or mental capability to make that happen. It is just too much. I am now listening to commentary on her compatriots match, and I am like WTF

Savannah said...

Without going too deeply into it I'm watching her compatriots match. WTF is right.

Karen said...

WTF - LOL - Man I am so upset that Sofia did not pull out that win today. That girl just does not deserve to be in the WTA. It sickens me that she is a potential candidate for the Hall of Fame (which is now becoming the Hall of Shame really). How can you put someone like that amongst the greats of the game. It is just too much. I did not get to watch the match for which I am eternally grateful for having a day job. From the sounds of the commentary I am glad I missed that one.

Mark said...

Great blog. I just found it. It's also nice to see another tennis fanatic / barrack supporter too! Have fun in Denver!

Mark
http://tennisopolis.com
The Tennis Social Network

kraa said...

Why so much hate for Jelena? She is an entertaining character and is doing about as well as could be expected given her game...