Sunday, October 26, 2008

Serving Notice



The ball boys and girls get pizza. Roger Federer gets his third Swiss Indoors title in a row at the expense of nemesis David Nalbandian. Remember how hard it used to be for him to win his hometown title?



I don't understand Ana Ivanovic. But she beat the crap out of Vera Zvonareva in Linz. Good for her.

Memo to Caroline Wozniacki: If you don't beat Elena Dementieva in straight sets, you don't beat her. Another indoor title for the Iron Lady (look at that arm!), this one in Luxembourg.

Andy Murray won again too, this time in St. Petersburg. Over Andrey Golubev, a qualifier. And Robin Soderling took Lyon. Too bad for homeboy Julien Benneteau.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Craig, very good write up. Yesterday when I was watching Vera beating the crap out of poor Maid Marion, I posted over at TW that you have top players and you have top players. Poor Maid Marion was just not a good match up for Vera and Vera was playing as if she was the No. 1 player in the world. I thought to myself I wish she would play like that when faced with real competition. Well today she faced real competition and she "got the crap beaten out of her". Good on Ana. I thought Vera was overdoing it yesterday when she was beating Maid Marion (where is the joy in giving a fellow pro a bagel). It was clear that Maid Marion was not at full health yesterday and for her to lose like that and for Vera to be acting as if she was playing in a major just left a sour taste in my mouth. As to Roger, wish I could have seen the match on tv but had to watch through a buffering link. Thanks Tennis Channel.

rabbit said...

Thanks Craig, great writeup (and very complimentary to Federer :)) Also, glad to see Ana try to shake off her unexplainable slump.