Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Quote For The Day

“To be honest, I do not like to talk about players, I really prefer to focus on myself.”

“Why should [Federer] even care? I don’t like putting my nose in other’s business.

“I mean, one thing I like about Nadal is that he is such a great champion, he is so humble, always has kind words for everybody, he is a role model for everybody.”

“Federer is a great champion, I don’t want to get in a fight with him but why does he care, I really don’t understand. Why does he need to do that? I don’t think it’s nice to attack other players.”

--Jelena Jankovic, on Roger Federer's "attack" of her No. 1 ranking and Novak Djokovic's retirements.

9 comments:

tangerine said...

*zing!*

Handbag catfight alert!

sic said...

Context please.

Craig Hickman said...

Click on the link in Jelena's name, sic.

dapxin said...

haha. I dont know what to make of this one.

One. Janko's got a point - whats Raja's biz ? well, he's of the sport, so whats wrong about making an opinion about the sport ?

two. Janko implictly says Rafa's the better champion, by liking Rafa to Raja on this.

haha once more. thank goodness, it wasnt Serena that said this. :) even if I'd have liked her to...

sic said...

Wow, Roger is easily drawn into these "controversies". Or does he create them on his own? The Serbians must have been wiping away tears of laughter when they saw Roger bawling after the AO final.

oddman said...

They probably weren't the only ones doing that either.

loltennis said...

While I appreciate Roger's honesty (it's not like he's saying anything that most tennis fans haven't), someone with his position in the sport should really measure his words a bit more carefully. Jankovic may not be in the same circuit, but she's a fellow professional, man.

skivvy said...

Roger reminds me of another Swiss number one, Martina Hingis, they can sometimes both be uncomfortably frank -- and in several languages no less.

This isn't always welcomed, and in Martina's case, Serena had to put her back in her place....

Beth said...

I like that term 'uncomfortably frank'. It's a perfect way to describe how Roger says things sometimes.