Monday, April 20, 2009

Face Of The Day

Argentina's Jose Acasuso returns the ball to Dudi Sela of Israel during their Barcelona Open Tennis in Barcelona, Spain, Monday, April 20, 2009. Acasuso won 6-4, 7-5.
AP

Argentina's José Acasuso returns the ball to Dudi Sela of Israel during their Barcelona Open Tennis in Barcelona, Spain, Monday, April 20, 2009.

::

Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell

Singles - First Round
[10] N Almagro (ESP) d V Hanescu (ROU) 36 76(7) 22 - ret. (cramping) - Saved 2 M.P.
[12] I Andreev (RUS) d A Seppi (ITA) 63 36 75
[15] T Berdych (CZE) d M Vassallo Arguello (ARG) 52 - ret. (back)
C Rochus (BEL) d N Devilder (FRA) 64 64
J Tipsarevic (SRB) d A Montanes (ESP) 64 76(1)
J Acasuso (ARG) d D Sela (ISR) 64 75
[WC] A Martin (ESP) d M Gicquel (FRA) 63 64
[Q] S Ventura (ESP) d M Granollers (ESP) 76(3) 63
P Starace (ITA) d E Gulbis (LAT) 46 63 63
J Chela (ARG) d T Bellucci (BRA) 62 36 64
[Q] M Kukushkin (KAZ) d [Q] P Riba-Madrid (ESP) 62 76(5)
I Kunitsyn (RUS) d [WC] J Ferrero (ESP) 75 76(3)
[Q] F Gil (POR) d Y Lu (TPE) 62 61

Doubles - First Round
R Stepanek (CZE) / V Troicki (SRB) d M Safin (RUS) / D Vemic (SRB) 63 36 10-6
R Lindstedt (SWE) / R Soderling (SWE) d F Lopez (ESP) / F Verdasco (ESP) 67(4) 62 10-7

5 comments:

Damián said...

I would give one of my kidneys for the scalp of Acasuso... Pity I´m already bald, LOL!

Craig Hickman said...

LOL.

tangerine said...

Jim Courier just twittered this:

"It's a good time to be a tennis player/fan in general. When you can see Monte streaming live on your computer, you're doing better than ok."

I guess so, but I thought the point of live streaming was to be an optional last resort for fans who can't get it on TV, not the go-to #1 source to watch most tennis matches, including slams? It's gotten so I don't even bother looking at my TV guide to find tennis to watch, I just check the streaming sites.

It shouldn't be like this. No other sport has been relegated to the web as much as tennis. It's almost like being demoted. Why don't they move fishing to the web streams and put tennis back on TV?

Mad Professah said...

who attacked Jose Acasuso with a razor?

(hot look on him, I think)

Damián said...

Tangerine:
You´re right, tennis doesn´t have the relevance it needs in TV. But this year I´m very happy in Spain: TVE and Teledeporte (two of the public broadcasting channels) are showing all the Masters 1000, the Grand Slams and the Davis Cup. They´re also shown on the internet (http://www.rtve.es/)but I suppose only in Spain.