Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Face Of The Day

French player Mathieu Montcourt rests during a break of his French Open tennis second round match against Czech player Radek Stepanek on May 27, 2009 at Roland Garros stadium in Paris. The event, the second Grand Slam tournament of 2009, runs from May 24 to June 7, 2009.
Reuters

French player Mathieu Montcourt rests during a break of his French Open tennis second round match against Czech player Radek Stepanek on May 27, 2009 at Roland Garros stadium in Paris.

4 comments:

edma1022 said...

... looks just like Robert Plant (of Led Zeppelin) ...

Karen said...

In the match today with Stepanek the commentators mentioned Radek's relationship with NikkiV. One of them said it is so unfortunate that this relationship has made her game go in the opposite direction while his is on the way up. Man, that Matt Cronin is hilarious. I have no idea of the person who was in the booth with him, but they had me rolling on the floor with their off colour commentary.

sG said...

"Ooh, who's this cutie?" First thing I said as I scrolled past the pic. LOL I don't objectify tennis players, no.

b said...

I've wondered what happened to him - have always liked him since I saw him play (and lose to) Hewitt in 2006 (I think).... He did just about everything to try and get balls back.... surprised he hasn't got further.....

Apparently he was caught in a gambling thing...

Interesting article here:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jWiVXQSZM8_N6YD0uo0kH23sugPQD98EPQSO0

I don't agree with the article.... I also think blaming online gambling for match fixing is a massive smokescreen to hit the main culprits