Friday, August 28, 2009

US Open 2009 Live Updates

For yet another year, I will not be making the trek to Flushing Meadows to see live action at the US Open. Of course, Savannah, who lives there, will provide her take on the live action with lots of "backstage" reporting.

We're lucky to have a regular reader who will also provide us with some up-close-and-personal reportage. From Matthew:

Hey there folks - I just wanted to let everyone know that I am basically not working for two weeks and spending the time watching live tennis. As a result, I'm focusing more on my own not very well-updated (usually) tennis blog during the U.S. Open:

http://matchpointace.blogspot.com/


I'm going to be at the tournament every day next week, and will post every night. Check it out, if you're so inclined.

10 comments:

Helen W said...

When I try to go to your URL I get a "Page not found" (404) error.

pat said...

you have to delete de beggining and replace it with www.-
here's the link http://www.matchpointace.blogspot.com/

Craig Hickman said...

My bad. I corrected the link in the post.

Helen W said...

The funny thing is that it now works without the "www." Oh well.

Thank you Matt, for doing the blog. I'll visit regularly.

Matthew said...

Hey! Thanks very much for the front page shout-out, Craig. Much appreciated! :)

I was having a little trouble with the blogspot servers, recently, so that may have explained why the address sometimes worked with 'www' and sometimes not.

sG said...

Yay! The U.S. Open is here!!! Man, I can't tell you how much I miss the Grand Slams. And Nadal. I can't wait!!!

Beth said...

Hi Craig! Hi Helen W! Well, I'm starting to finally 'feel' the tennis again. I was basically disinterested since Wimbledon and have just started feeling the inkling of the vibe again. I hope it's a great tournament and thanks to Matt for being our eyes and ears for the Open. And Savannah too!! I wanted so badly to make it to NY this year but just moved and have so many other things that require my $$ and time that it was not going to happen. Can't wait to start seeing some great tennis (let's hope).

Helen W said...

Beth, great to see you back!

Let's hope Rafa is satisfied with how he plays in this slam.

HoiHa said...

Check out the New York Times story on Mr Monogram ... has the press started to see the things many others have seen?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/31/sports/tennis/31logo.html?hpw

James runi said...


US Open 2009 Live Streaming TV Links



US Open 2009 1st Round Live Streaming TV Links