Friday, December 04, 2009

Faces Of The Day

David Ferrer of Spain, left, reacts whith his coach Albert Costa after winning the match against Radek Stepanek of Czech Republic during the second single match of the Davis Cup tennis Final match at Sant Jordi stadium in Barcelona, Spain, on Friday, Dec. 4, 2009. Ferrer won 1-6, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4, 7-6.
AP

David Ferrer of Spain, left, reacts whith his coach Albert Costa after winning the match against Radek Stepanek of Czech Republic during the second single match of the Davis Cup tennis Final match at Sant Jordi stadium in Barcelona, Spain, on Friday, Dec. 4, 2009. Ferrer won 1-6, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4, 7-6.

::

I missed all tennis today. My last grandmother died last night.

13 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Craig.

There are never really words to say when something like this happens so .. *hugs*

lynney62 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lynney62 said...

So sorry, Craig. Losing a loved one is so painful....will keep you in my prayers. Hugs.......

rabbit said...

Wow, so sorry, Craig! Best wishes to you and your family during this difficult time.

oddman said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother, Craig. May you be comforted by loving memories of her.

Mark said...

I know what that means. There's always more tennis. God bless.

Dapxin said...

Craig, be strong!

Karen said...

I have no words. All I can give is hugs. All I can offer are words of prayer. Know only that as God's Angel, she is resting in his arms. Blessed are they that mourn for they will be comforted. Be strong my friend.

Craig Hickman said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. For reasons I won't go into on this blog, it has been a challenging loss, to say the least.

I caught a bit of both matches on replay late last night/early this morning.

I'll have words on Rafa later.

Michael said...

I am sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, Craig. But I'm glad to hear through your sadness that she was a wonderful person and very important to you. What a gift! I know you will always feel and mourn her absence.

Be strong, Craig!

edma1022 said...

Sorry, Craig. Hang in there.

Tennisfan said...

So sorry for your loss Craig..

Beth said...

So sorry Craig......my thoughts and prayers are with you.