by Craig Hickman
Roger Federer of Switzerland walks off the court with the trophy after defeating Rafael Nadal of Spain in their men's final match during the ATP World Tour Finals at O2 Arena on November 28, 2010 in London, England.
It will be the first time world No. 1 Rafael Nadal and world No. 2 Roger Federer have contested a match since the Madrid final five months ago.
Both are playing well. Both are struggling with concentration lapses during matches. He who lapses last will lose.
Who you got?
MadProfessah was a bit late, but he offered up his divinations as follows:
ATP World Tour Finals Semifinals Review and Final Preview
Match Result Probability
Federer wins in 2 sets 33%
Nadal wins in 2 sets 17%
Federer wins in 3 sets 20%
Nadal wins in 3 sets 30%
This computes to a 53% chance for Federer to win with a 47% chance for Nadal, if there is an equally likelihood of a 2-set and 3-set match. Actually, looking at their 21 previous matches, only 8 of their matches have gone the distance. All that being said, the match should be close and exciting!